Monday, October 5, 2009

Jasper Big Heart

Now that we have a second dog, Jasper is looking to get reassurance that he is still #1. Harpo, or Harper now, is 7 pounds and she can fit in places that Jasper just cannot.

Like a lap. Or a tiny fleece sleeping bag. Or under the bed. Or on the bed!

As I watch Jasper adjust to these inequities, all I can see is total tenderness towards her! He uses his 115 pounds so carefully! As they run, wrestle, chase and all out play-dog-fight, it is she who is in charge.





When we first rescued you Annie named you Jasper Big Heart. This Cree tribal song is called Big Heart-You'll Always Be My Number One.
I dedicate it to you.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Some dogs have that special quality and sometimes you have train them into it. But Jasper comes by his natually. You are blessed! Just looking at that sweet face you know he is a good hearted being.

Kristin said...

Jasper rocks!

Cher Mere said...

That first picture of Jasper reminds me of our doggy Charlotte, same sad eyes.

Give Jasper a big hug for me.