Sunday, November 14, 2010

How to Build a Duff House, or I Could Look at My Baby All Day






We went for a hike up in the redwoods today. Wow! Today's weather was so warm and amazing and the view of the San Francisco Bay glittered and sparkled! I went looking for sticks, lichen and eucalyptus for a project, and Annie quickly decided to build a Duff house to shelter small animals from the coming winter rains. (Annie has informed me that "Duff" is all the redwood leaves, sticks and debris on the forest floor. If you pile enough on your structure, it becomes rain proof and keeps the cold out.)
I liked Annie's structure, but mostly I couldn't keep my eyes off of her! What a delight to listen to and watch as she worked!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

No kidding. The weather was fantastic. And no kidding. What a doll.

Pat said...

She is lovely. The day sounds like it was very fulfilling.