Thursday, August 30, 2007

Filled to the Brim




We had a great day yesterday with our dear friends the Meyers'. It was so good to see them, and so grateful they made the trip from Santa Cruz to visit us in Alameda! I felt filled to the brim with love and contentment. Cory brought a beautiful basket of tomatoes from her garden, and the girls brought some sweet gifts for Annie and I. It was hot so we really just lounged, ate, the girls all played in the backyard in Annie's pool and with the hose. Annie and I made scones in the morning and set up a tea party in the living room to welcome them when they arrived. It was so exciting just knowing they were coming!

So, this morning Annie and I blanched all the tomatoes, then Annie happily squished all of them while I sauteed the garlic and olive oil.
(Now there are tomato seeds and red splashes everywhere! I just found a seed on my cheek and ear! ) The sauce is still simmering and smells very tasty.

Tonight we feast on friendship!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The colors are so inviting, one can smell the garlic and olive oil. It looks truly inviting.

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Mmmmm yummy!
Fresh tomatoes are the best.
Cheers to good food and friends!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The food looks delicious and it sounds like it was a wonderful day.