Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Daughter, the Artist

Annie made this T Rex mask for Pop for his birthday. It is a whopping 8" across and 12" high. He loves it and so do I. She has made just a few pieces since joining as one of the artists-in-residence over at Kids 'n' Clay in Berkeley. What a fantastic program!. They are not formally "taught" but are allowed the freedom to explore all the materials, tools and machines with the support of a great staff.

I got a sneak peek at something she is making for me and I can't wait! I'll post something here when she's finished.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a stupendous mask! Hard to believe her age. What creative genius' live in your house.

Garden State Kate said...

That is really cool.
I can't wait to see her next creation.

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Cute mask!
She is talented for her age.
I love that she pretends to be
be Frida too. That seems so advanced.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is really neat. I love the colors. What a great program.

Cher Mere said...

Cool! I really like the teeth, I bet those were hard to do.