Sunday, May 18, 2008

One Hour Dress

Annie loved my Two-Hour Dress and made a request for one just like it. So I made this for her. The fabric is the same as mine, but the style is a little different. I copied a unique (and twirly) dress of Annie's for the pattern. It included an asymetrical skirt and a few additional details, like a drop waist, and a gusseted section on the skirt with an exposed seam. I added the roses...one at the shoulder and one at the waist. We both wore the dresses yesterday to walk the span of the Golden Gate Bridge along with Grandma and Grandpa who were visiting. And who could guess with the extreme heat that we've been suffering with, that the bridge it would be totally blanketed in fog and extremely high winds? We couldn't see a thing, froze our fannies off, and I got a hot pink wind burn on my face and chest.
So today I've babied myself with a nap, a bath and home-improvement TV.

5 comments:

Green Kitchen said...

I took a photo of that fog today when coming back from Mill Valley. It was crazy sunny on one side of the tunnel, then crazy fog on the other. Saw some crazy designer clothes, too. Never thought I'd like to look at that kind of thing, but it's good inspiration when you are making.

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to play twin with my Mama. Lucky Annie.

Marshamlow said...

I hope your weather improves, the dress is lovely.

Kate said...

Lovely dress!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the dress. You have such a sense of style.