Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Dark & the Light

That's what I love about Halloween. Life & Death. Trick or Treat? I guess there's not one without the other. Eh?

Annie loves this holiday. She isn't afraid of the dark side. She's asked six friends to come over and play and do funny Halloween stuff with her tomorrow afternoon, so today we made cookies and put up some streamers in preparation. I got a great recipe off of Cooks Illustrated for gingerbread and Ulla posted a great looking idea for decorating them, and that's exactly what we did. We made human bones and skeletons, a chicken skeleton and a few hearts. Now I just have to keep them away from Jasper until tomorrow.


5 comments:

Ulla said...

These look even better than the ones I posted! Wow! I hope the party is a haunting success!!!
Hugs!!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

The cookies look amazing! Wow!

Cher Mere said...

awesome cookies!

Project Pink Suitcase said...

I love yummy + fun!!!!
Great combo!

Garden State Kate said...

Mmmm..wow! P is not afraid of
"the dark side", but I am a little.;-)