Friday, May 15, 2009

Bouncing Back

Boy, I've never had this much trouble readjusting after a trip before.


But this time I'm all out-of-sorts.

It's been over three days. I'm really trying...

I've unpacked. I've made pancakes. I've paid bills. We went to park day. I made it to a DMV appointment. I've mowed the lawn and returned calls. I've brushed the dog. I even went to the post office, which I hate.

I keep thinking all of this will "ground" me. Give me a fresh, up-to-date feeling!


But really I want to crawl in bed and read my book.


The song? Strange Overtones-Byrne and Eno

8 comments:

Garden State Kate said...

Feel better!! ((hugs))

Pat said...

Love the photos. That is exactly how I feel sometimes. All out of sorts!!
Not to be obnoxious, it will change.
Soon, I hope for you.
Funniest post yet........

Jen N said...

you are too funny. maybe a visit to the scrub n rub.

patrice said...

thanks everyone!
i feel a lot better today. maybe it was writing this post that shifted it.

Garden State Kate said...

Glad you are feeling better..I've been trying to e-mail you,
but it keeps giving me "error" messages, can you e-mail me..KR209@VERIZON.NET
THANKS!! ((HUGS))

Tanrzmom said...

I think it is something in the air....... I am feeling it too...Maybe it's the turning 45 thing for us.......hahaha just kidding.....

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Love the photos! Somedays are like that.

Today it wasn't even 9 and I had groomed my poodle and was ready for the vet. I was so proud of myself.

Kristin said...

Every time I return from a trip I get the dull-drums too. It just takes time. Go easy on your self. The photos sure had me laughing. I hate the post office too!