Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Making

As busy as I've been with StudioTime, I find myself thinking of and planning for holiday giving. I do love to make things for those that I love, and I'm a bit worried how to do it all, and have balance.

On that note, I did my first two woodblock carvings tonight (see above), and last night I started painting some rocks (see below) that I collected on this summers outings. I like the way they both came out! Both felt easy and fun, plus Billy and Annie gave me positive feedback. So maybe I'll make some sets of woodblock cards or prints and painted rocks as gifts gifts this year!



I'm thinking that my kids in Alameda StudioTime can do versions of both of these projects too. I'll see what response I get from them this week and how I can adapt them to different ages.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Those are beautiful! Both the stamps and the rocks. What did you use to paint on the rocks?

Kristin said...

They both came out great! They would make great gifts.

laura capello said...

both came out beautifully!

(and i would, in fact, be willing to gander at an etsy store that sold such beauties!)

Pat said...

I really am enjoying what you are doing. The wood cuts are spectacular and really get into the mood of Dia de los Muertos. And the rocks are lovely. I am sure that a lot of people will immortalize their journeys by marking their rocks. Good going!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

Great stamps...good cutting!
I love the white line work on the rocks...like etching into the rocks. Big hit, I'm positive!