Monday, July 20, 2009

Pitcher Perfect

I woke up Saturday morning and my neighbor Tommy was having a yard sale. He does that fairly regularly. Of course I have to go rummage through and see if there is anything I must have. Well, he had a collection of five dusty pitchers. He said they were from a local art college. Each was marked "Heidi" on the bottom.

Each was so simple, subtle and well made! The smallest was six inches and the largest was a little over eight. After joining Annie at her ceramics class for just four sessions, I completely appreciate the talent and skill that goes into throwing, trimming, glazing, etc. It's hard!

Tommy saw me looking at the pitches and said "Take them! Go on, take them."
I thought to myself, "I should take one and be happy."
And I really wanted them all. So I took three.

I brought them home, washed, dried and inspected the vessels.There was not a scratch, dent or crack in one of them!

I carried out a handful of items from my garage that were ready for Freecycling, and I donated them to Tommy's sale as a kind of payment.
By the end of the day, the two remaining pitchers were still sitting there, huddled together against the elements, so lonely!
So I grabbed them and left a few bills in their place.



For our special Sunday morning birthfamily breakfast, we extended the table to it's full size, put out fresh linens, and filled pitchers with juice, milk and flowers. With two to spare!

3 comments:

Pat said...

Terribly jealous!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Good idea to keep them together.

Cher Mere said...

what a great find!