Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Halloway House


My dear friend Lea is a contractor. She's building a small two bedroom colonial style house with a traditional style...all by herself. From framing to roofing, cabinetry to custom finish work! I'm amazed! To top it all off she has three small children under the age of five! She's on a really tight budget too and is counting her pennies just to buy adequate lighting. My hat is off to her. Oh! Did I mention it's a miniature house? Yes, she's a dollhouse contractor, and she's building a 1"= 1" scale miniature house that she has built from the Real Good Toys kit called The Simplicity. I love to watching her process, and I love having a companion in the world of miniatures. Our plan is to have a "Open House" at some point and show our houses to the world. It may be a while. We both have plenty to do. Lea is finishing up this house, and has her next one lined up.

Don't worry, I'll let you know when we're ready.

1 comment:

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Cool projects! I love miniatures...
I can't wait to see more.
I totally thought that the photos were of actual homes. Well done!
I began to think how can a woman do all this with 3 little ones, I can barely do anything with 1?
Then I read it was a miniature. Oh?
I acutally like it even more now.
So cool!