Sunday, April 1, 2007

The San Francisco Treat!

I just got back from a four-star, foot-loose and fancy-free, feast of the senses (as well as the palette), birthday weekend in San Francisco with LaLa Pat. Wow! I'm still floating!

Some highlights:




Seeing LaLa coming down the walk at the airport!



Al Fresco breakfast at the farmers market, on the pier at the ferry building .



Catching a gong, fireworks and dancing lion ceremony down a side street in Chinatown.



Delightful service and personal indulgences at the Tuscan Inn at Fisherman's Wharf.


Two good laugh attacks. One to tears.



Outstanding wine, asparagus, and desserts at The Slanted Door.



Eating chocolates in bed, resting and chatting.



The weather! Warm, crisp, sunny in the city. Foggy and windy at North Point.



Driving through the Presido with it's amazing views and well kept historic buildings.




Stumbling upon the amazing Masterpieces of French Jewelry show at the Legion of Honor that was so amazing it left me pretty much speechless.




Am I forgetting anything Pat?





Oh yea. It was an unforgettable time...thank you doesn't quite cover it.


3 comments:

Gerkin Pickle said...

What a great time!

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Happy Birthday!
What a great trip!
I *heart* SF!
It sounds like you did everything!
I wish I was there.
Very nice. It sounds like the perfect B-day weekend!

Marshamlow said...

I haven't been to San Francisco in more than 15 years. I am so jealous. I am so glad you had such a lovely time.