Friday, January 12, 2007

Notes on a Scandal

Wow! I sat on the edge of my seat the whole movie. I went into this movie knowing nothing about it other than that I loved both actresses. Nothing new about the story line really. It was the portraits that were so engaging. Both women were remarkable, plus I thought the lighting and music were fantastic. Searing content though. For some reason I was able to stay with and appreciate the anxious unraveling of this movie, but I had to walk out of Little Children and Crash. I guess the difference is that whenever I think a child is about to be physically injured it becomes too much for me, and I have to leave the theater. Watching the Cate Blanchet character, in Notes on a Scandal, override her instincts over and over to protect a secret was agonizing. And as much as I disliked the Judy Dench character, I felt for her. O.K. there. I just had to share this tidbit.

1 comment:

Marshamlow said...

I have to leave movies when they become too much too!