Friday, April 24, 2009

Apple Harvest



Here's another needle book I've just finished. This one celebrating the apple. I've held onto this apple harvest fabric for a long time because I love it. It is some weird acrylic blend that wouldn't feel good against skin, but it is perfect for this little book. See how the workers are on ladders and filling crates with their pickings? I added the apple tree on the front, embroidered on a wonderful orange wool felt, and I finished it off with a tiny ribbon of apple green stripes. Now it's off in today's post. I've embroidered the new owners name on the front, but I airbrushed it out for this post so it remains a surprise, for the recipient reads this blog.

The song? Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree by the Mell-O-Tones, of course!

5 comments:

Pat said...

That is a wnderful use for that fabric. So delightful.

Cher Mere said...

that is so so cute!

Kristin said...

It's the embroidery of the gnarly tree branch that caught my eye, then the pattern of the darling apple fabric. I enjoy your creations so much.

phyllis said...

What beautiful embroidery!! This item would make a lovely gift too. What a great combination with the needlework and the fabric.

patrice said...

Thanks everyone. I did send it off and it was well received...