Wednesday, April 8, 2009

What's on My Wall Wednesday

I really don't have a lot of art on my walls to show off so I haven't ever participated in What's on Your Wall Wednesday. I've seen Blue Sky Dreaming and LaLa in La posting their enviable art collections and I find it interesting what people choose and enjoy. My Botticelli muses (shown above) have offered me a lot of companionship since receiving them as a gift from my dear friend Sara three or four years ago. (You might remember my friend Sara since I started this blog. We were neighbors and spent many times together chronicled on this blog. Here's one. ) One day Sara and I were in her storage space and she had it against a wall amongst a bunch of stuff. I drooled when I saw it. That glimmery aqua blue and the amber's. And the scale! They were like Amazon gals. It wasn't until a year later that she mentioned she was letting it go and I jumped on it. I have loved it ever since.

5 comments:

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

It was meant to be yours...so beautiful and romantic. Thank you for the link and next Wednesday I might be showing a beautiful piece I acquired from an artist familiar to you!
I would imagine those girls will have wonderful sleep and lovely dreams in those nightgowns...spectacular!

Pat said...

Wow, that is a great piece to hang on the wall. Love it!!!

Kristin said...

Botticelli is one of my favorite artists and what inspiration to have it above your desk. I also spied the terrariums you made with your daughter, which made me laugh because you are really into them--you're getting quite a collection. I still hope to make one.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Lovely.

Garden State Kate said...

That is very "you" to me.
Lovely.