Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fast Forward Fall


I tried to wait until the first of October to break out the
Halloween decorations. I did! But it rained on Friday night and I had to re-arrange in the basement to fit a few things down there that couldn't get wet in the yard, when Annie spotted the Halloween box and started pulling it all out and getting so excited! Oh well, what's a few days? And besides, what better reason to decorate than we were having our Santa Cruz friends, Dana and Jasmine, as overnight guests to celebrate Jasmine's belated sixth birthday? We had a wonderful visit and the girls played and giggled late into the night, and even though they tried, were not able to fall asleep together on the bed they made in the living room as they had planned.



Then yesterday, we met friends in Half Moon Bay at Arata Farms where we bought pumpkins, petted kittens, and played around the farm for a few hours in the warm Autumn sun. Ahhh! So we are fully getting into the Fall mode and I don't care if it's still September! I'll try to take pictures of the foyer that we decorated with thick cobwebs, spiders, bats and snakes all threatening to get tangled into your hair as you walk in the door. I do love this change in seasons, and I'm looking forward to all the festivities up ahead.






Stay tuned for upcoming October posts like
Catching Hummingbirds , and
I Know I'm a Blogger-Bore.

Both in the works!

2 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love all the photos. I also love your arrangement. It looks like a magazine cover.

Anonymous said...

You imported the cat just for the photo? I can smell fall in the air.