Sunday, September 16, 2007

WIP-Sunday Night

We have just finished up a deliciously slow and "no plans whatsoever" weekend with Movie Cuddle Night*, watching The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Annie chose the movie, and we all enjoyed it. Over this weekend I took numerous bike rides, did some thrifting, knitting, and after my pitiful sleep on Friday night, I had a lovely nap mid-day Saturday. Ahhhh. Among my thrifted treasure, I found nine balls of golden amber mohair for the slippers I've been wanting to make Annie and I from a felting pattern I found on-line. They are making up quickly. I have one slipper done for each of us so far. The yarn is truly vintage, so there was a lot of breakage, and then splicing of yarn, so I ended up knitting two strands together for strength and fullness. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my calculations, and my test ball of felt lead to wearable, cozy slippers for Annie and I.

As for my other thrift scores, I found an intact version of the old classic game Battleship ($.25), a perfectly new electric mattress pad for LaLa Pat ($5.), a vintage Christmas kitty garland ($.25), and the best of all, a wonderful bath caddy to go across the tub (which I almost bought new a few weeks ago, and then changed my mind. Whew!) that holds a book, a candle and a glass of wine ($1, and was probably $50 or more new!). I haven't taken a bath with it yet, but Annie soaked for 90 minutes sipping juice and "reading" Astro Boy.



*Movie Cuddle Night was developed by the magnificent, infamous and adorable Chloe Noelle Prior who turns seven today. Happy Birthday dear darling Chloe. Annie says she loves everything about you.


2 comments:

Marshamlow said...

I love that movie, and the knitting is so wonderful. Your talents never cease to amaze me. I am more of a person who appreciates beauty than a person who has the ability to create it.

Project Pink Suitcase said...

I love that movie,too.
Have fun with your knitting.
Recently I saw Stardust.
It might be a movie you would enjoy.