Friday, September 7, 2007

Recent Works by Annie




The works above are all in watercolors. The brand is Pentel and they are very rich and easy to use. Just squeeze, add water and voila (or "walla" as Annie pronounces.) I think they are an exciting step up from the pads of watercolors that are usually offered to kids. The painting on the table is one of the many paintings she had done of what she thinks god looks like. A long time ago I pointed out the "eye" on the trunk of a birch tree, and told Annie that I always thought of them as the eyes of god, and she must remember that because most of her god paintings look like the eyes of a birch tree. Of course the portrait shown above is a self portrait, and I love how energetic and alive it is.


The pieces below are actually two details of a very large wall mural that Annie has been working on in tempra of God and the Earth. The god with the (tiny mouth) is worried about the one side of the earth that is being filled with chemicals. I've got it hanging in the dining room and I'm enjoying the scale and the story she is depicting, just as it is.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Outrageous sense of color. Really enjoyed all but the first one and the mural of God are savers for sure.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love them. I also give my daughter real paint for the same reasons.

Project Pink Suitcase said...

Go Annie! Go Annie!

Nina's News said...

When is the gallery showing? Is the apple tree under blue sky for sale? Beautiful work Annie girl!