Tuesday, September 4, 2007

WIP Tuesday

Having Billy home for three days in a row felt absolutely fantastic! Ahhh. Before we moved we saw a lot more of him. Every day he was home for lunch, with us longer in the mornings and back with us earlier each evening. Now he's gone before we rise, then home later and more tired. Having him here for three days in a row made me realize how much I miss him. Annie too. On top of just enjoying him around, we were able to do stuff around here that we both wanted to do, and I could almost finish the dining room mural!


Of course the mural is "Chinese." I wanted to emulate Chinese wallpaper or screens. Only really pumped up color. With the dark wood paneling, these colors just pop. I'm a little surprised I've gone so bold and colorful. I'm normally so demure. The house just begged for it though. So, really I was just obeying the walls! There are six clusters of bamboo, peony and bird groupings, and here are three. I'm still in the painting-mode. I'll go back over it for a clean-up mode, then I'll take some pics (maybe a movie with Bloggers new addition of video.) Of course, the three little blue birds are Billy, Annie and I. Other birds include Nana, Frances Farrell, Grandma Mildred and Aunt Shirley. Oh yea, Grandpa Al too. Or maybe I still have a bird in me for Jerry Sieler. Maybe a small turkey vulture. Just kidding Pat. Tee hee.



4 comments:

Marshamlow said...

It is absolutely incredible. You are so incredibly talented. I am glad you had such a lovely holiday weekend. We did too.

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely incredible. So lovely and so liveable.

Garden State Kate said...

Lovely, you are so very talented and it shines with love.

Project Pink Suitcase said...

It's so great to see the WIP!
I liked the preliminary raw stage, but I am loving it even more as you keep working on it. Keep going. I can't wait to see more of it.