Tuesday, December 12, 2006

That Girl!


I remember being Annie's age. I have a lot of vivid memories of my mother and I, the clothes I wore, the shows I watched and how I viewed the world. When Annie and I went over the hill to visit Santa last week she wore this little vintage dress. I remember having a dress very similar to it. Oh! She looked like a million bucks and I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. I was flooded with a mixture of past and present feelings. My friend and neighbor Tiger passed this dress to me when her daughter Chloe (who Annie loves truly, madly and deepy) grew out of it. I think she got it at the Salvation Army. It is in pristine condition. I'm glad Annie likes wearing it so we can get full use out of it before it gets too short.

Above photo is Annie buzzed on samples of peppermint bark at William Sonoma.
Below having a "special lunch" out. While waiting for our food to be delivered, she wrote B-R-E-A-D on a napkin. That's her longest word so far!




No comments: